1. Processing personal data
Personal data are any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. A data subject is a person about whom personal data are processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, acquisition, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with the Swiss data protection law and, where applicable, with the GDPR. In particular, we process the data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Consent of the data subject;
- For the fulfilment and execution of a contract with the data subject as well as for the implementation of corresponding pre-contractual measures;
- To fulfil a legal obligation;
- To safeguard the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, unless the fundamental freedoms and fundamental rights and interests of the data subject prevail. Legitimate interests are in particular our business interest in being able to provide our website, information security, the enforcement of our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law.
2. Collection of personal data
AIAG collects personal data within the scope of the membership relationship, by means of a form to be filled in by you, because you have provided us with the data, when visiting our website or within the framework of participation in our events. In addition, where permitted, we may also extract data from publicly accessible sources (such as the commercial register, the media, the Internet, etc.).
We collect the following personal data:
- Master data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Financial and debt collection data (account details, amount of contribution payment, etc.)
- Marketing data (followers social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Data related to deliveries (e.g. telephone number, e-mail address, payment details, etc.)
- Website usage (IP address, pages viewed, etc.)
- Behavioural and preference data (website usage, social media interaction, etc.)
- Content and registration data (user account data, etc.)
- Other data (protection concepts, visitor lists, etc.)
3. Purpose of the processing of personal data
We use the data collected when you visit our website in particular for administration purposes and to ensure the functionality of the website. Personal data are also used for the administration of the membership and for the organisation and implementation of events. Furthermore, personal data are used for the purpose stated at the time of collection, for which you have given your consent or which is provided for by law.
In addition to this, we also process personal data of you and other persons, to the extent permitted and deemed appropriate by us, for the following purposes in which we (and sometimes third parties) have a legitimate interest corresponding to the purpose:
- Membership administration, administrative and support activities, communication in general;
- Provision of information about AIAG activities and operations;
- Organisation, handling and implementation of AIAG events (physical and online);
- Offering and further developing our products, services and websites, apps and other platforms;
- Analysing data and keeping statistics;
- Creating member segments and profiles;
- Testing and optimisation of demand analysis procedures for the purpose of direct customer approach;
- Advertising and marketing (including the implementation of events, competitions and the use on social media), insofar as you have not objected to the use of your data (if we send you – as a member – advertising or newsletters, you can object to this at any time);
- Collection of personal data from publicly available sources;
- Ensuring our operations, in particular IT, our websites, apps and other platforms (e.g. event platforms);
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements and complying with laws, directives and recommendations issued by authorities and internal regulations ("Compliance");
- Assertion of legal claims and defence in connection with legal disputes and official proceedings;
- Other purposes such as internal training, quality assurance, administration, etc.
Insofar as you have given us your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes, we process your personal data within the scope of and based on this consent, insofar as we have no other legal basis and we require such a basis. Consent given can be revoked at any time, but this has no effect on data processing that has already taken place.
4. Data transfer and data transmission in Switzerland and abroad
Your personal data will mainly be forwarded to involved third parties if the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or to process a contract with you.
In this context, we pass on your personal data in particular to the following recipients:
- Other members of the association (e.g. membership lists, board/committee lists);
- Service providers in connection with the organisation of events (e.g. event organisers, agencies, hotels, transport companies, etc.);
- Other participants of events (e.g. lists of participants).
- Other service providers (e.g. IT service providers, auditors);
- Providers of registration platforms, newsletter or survey tools;
- Domestic and foreign authorities, government agencies or courts;
- Lawyers and external experts;